Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 2: Agency tour and Martin Luther King Memorial

What an eye opening day. This morning I attended an agency tour at Ketchum with students from several universities as part of our career development initiatives for the conference. It was interesting to see how a big agency did its work and the culture that was in the office. I learned that big name firms do not mean it is a good fit for everyone. Because of the culture and nature of the work we were introduced to,  many told me they would choose smaller agencies to get their experience. It was a needed experience to make my decision of what I want to do when I graduate.

After the agency tour our group was privileged to visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in downtown Atlanta. It was a heart-touching event, because we were able to see what MLK went through and how he overcame his many obstacles. He was an educated man who understood people and was willing to always stand for his beliefs. I will never be the same because of what I heard and felt at that hallowed place.

Check out the twitter hashtag #uvuPRcrew for pictures and tweets about our Atlanta experience.



Zach Twitter        UVU PRSSA Twitter        UVU PRSSA Website

No comments:

Post a Comment