Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Professional preparation: One skill you need to develop

As public relations professional, many things are needed to be successful-- networking skills, mentors and the ability to write well. A skill we may forget to develop is digital design. Design is an important attribute for PR professionals, especially when it comes to branding yourself.  I want to introduce you to a website where you can design your own business cards, resume's and graphics for social media posts.

The website is canva.com. I have used canva dozens of times for my job and have improved my abilities to design an attractive blog post, infographic and social media post. I have also used canva to build my brand by making personalized business cards and resume's.

Here is my personalized business card and resume-- made on canva.com.





One awesome feature is the pre-made templates, which make it easy to learn how professional designs are made. From the templates you can practice making your own and become a pro.

Remember to practice, practice, practice. And pay attention to the detail of professionals. 

Happy designing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment